Monday, December 3, 2007

Getting Ready




November 16th was our ethiopian court date for Kidist and Abete. Abete passed the first time with no issues, Kidist however, took a little longer. The important part is that she has passed now and we have 2 new kids! I (Rob) remember being concerned that I would not be able to love the new kids as much as I love our own, but when I got the email confirming that the adoption was complete I was overwhelmed! I have not felt like that since the birth of Zoe , our first child. It is incredible to feel the rush of children being born into our family not by physical birth but by the gracious hand of God.

All of our shots are done (Elissa did not like this step too much, ok not at all!)

So our current situation is this: Waiting but starting to pack. We think our embassy date should be in early January but we have no dates yet! Our embassy date will be a few day's after we meet the kids for the first time. I pray that God is granting them dreams of being with a family once again, together, and loved. I pray that He is preparing all of us for the transitions that will have to be made.

No comments: