Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Girls



This is the pictures of the girls saying good by to Kidist and Abete. There was singing, dancing, and crying. We are thankful for the visit as it will help give the kids some closure. Not to mention being able to see the dr. sadly Abete is not doing any better. We will be making a dr. appointment as soon as we get home. We did make it to AHOPE today but that will have to wait as our connection is terribly slow tonight. We are going to go out for real ET food tonight. Neither of the kids are very fond of American, not even rice! I had heard this was a great fall back, not for these two. Yikes, I think that the food issues could be one of our most difficult challenges. We will post more in the morning, that seems to be the best connection time.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hi-It is heartwarming to see all these girls together, though some look so sad to be losing Kidist. I hope you'll be able to get in touch with the families of the kid's good friends when they come over. I remember hearing they expect to see each other when they get to the states! I am comforted to see Zena and Genet together, finally. Thank you.
I love the picture of Abete on the swing. I hope he is better soon. Kidist has a gorgeous head of hair, btw.
These children are going to be such blessings to their new families and communities!!!