Sunday, January 6, 2008

Derka, Derka

Around our house we have a phrase, "derka, derka" (Thanks Cliff) This means you have done something... well, not very bright. Like tipping your glass before it gets to your mouth causing you to spill some down your shirt will get you a "derka, derka". Or perhaps your looking for your car keys and they are in your hand, "derka, derka." I am sure we have all done this stuff from time to time, anyway, we have had the kids home for under a week and Abigail has all ready learned "derka, derka!" It was the other night at dinner when Rob set a cup of water on top of silverware, the cup spilled and Abigail looked at her wonderful father and said, "derka, derka!"

The silly little things that make us family! They have been doing so well this week, aside from waking up at 4:30 am every morning and having a hard time eating; as a family we are bonding. There is bickering and I know I am crazy but the first couple of tiff's I have been excited to hear. It means that being on our "nice behavior" is over and we are starting to really know the nice things about each other and the not so nice too. I am going to have to read this again in a couple of months when the not so nice is driving me nuts!!! But for now I am going to enjoy it.

No comments: