Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Routine


We are finally starting to get into some kind of routine around here. It is good for everyone to know what to expect from the day ahead. Today we had a translator and Sam's desires, "I don't have enough clothes or games and when do I get my leg?" Don't you just love human nature! I have not let the kids go shopping, in an effort to keep them from getting into the mind set that they can have everything they want but they are certainly NOT without clothing! Sam alone has two drawers stuffed with pants and plenty of shirts. He collects shoes no matter the size, he has at least 8 that he has claimed as his own. It reminds me of my self and how God has granted me so many gifts and I still don't say thank you often enough. Instead I come whining for something else.

Abigail seems to be content except that we have not let her call her ET Mom. She is allowed to write but are not to sure about telephone calls just yet. It is hard to have your heart in two places at the same time! We need to be sure that she is part of our family before we foster a continued relationship with those in Ethiopia. Speaking of phone calls Sam called 911 the other day, at least they called before they showed up at the door. It only takes a minute and with 6 kids in the house it is easy to slip away. We had to explain that 911 (the prefix for any calls in Addis Ababa) calls the police in America! He hasn't done it again at least:) well not yet!

No comments: