Saturday, January 5, 2008

Expirencing the New World

Ever since we got home, Sam has been hounding me to ride a bike. I went out and shoveled all the blowing snow from the driveway and side walks to give it a try. Then I took one of the kids bikes and tried to fashion a strap so he could lift up the peddle. We ran up and down the driveway several times. I could not get the strap to hold on or it was too tight for him to get his foot out. I will need to get a toe clip and some new peddles, but as determined as this boy is he should riding by this spring. We will keep you posted on his progress and get some pictures. He is so excited about the possibility.


We also took them out to Westernaires today to watch John Ride horses. For those of you who don't know, Westernaires is the fastest precision drill team in North America and we are lucky to have it in our backyard. Sam and Abigail sat in amazement watching the Steppes Team perform. On this all boys team the boys will take turns jumping off the horse while the next boy standing on the ground jumps on without the horse breaking stride. Both Abigail and Sam are asking to ride! This should be fun. We put them on our horse just for kicks and if I wouldn't have been so nervous I would have gotten pictures! The smiles on their faces! I think they could be wonderful riders and Sam could diffenantly do trick riding or "freedom riders"; he is FEARLESS. If you want you can visit the Westernaires site they have video clips that really show you what they do: http://www.westernaires.org/

No comments: